Wednesday, May 26, 2010

whinefest

Not serious whining, mind you. But whining nonetheless. :P

*I always forget how tiring this time of year is. Busy busy busy. We've got soccer games four nights a week, tennis lessons one night, testing, field days, field trips, etc., etc., etc. Today was pretty much non-stop and I'm exhausted.

*Insomnia.

*I don't like the heat. I know, I know...it doesn't even get that hot here!!! But I'm wimpy, and the temp in our house has been in the mid-80s for the past few days, and I just haven't adjusted yet. I'm almost tempted to go to the grocery store just to be in the air conditioning. Almost.

*Poor Max is absolutely miserable. He suffers from chronic constipation (yeah, TMI...sorry). It's way better than it used to be, but he's been feeling lousy the past couple days. There were a couple times during his soccer game tonight when he doubled over for a moment or two. But the little trooper wouldn't give up. Broke my heart for sure though. And dingbat me forgot the camera yet again. Bad bad mom.

*I made Annie this cute little dress that I thought she'd love, and she says she does. But she hasn't worn it yet so I'm guessing she's just saying she likes it so she won't hurt my feelings. ;) Wish she'd wear it once so I could at least get a picture.

*Rich is out doing a bird and frog call count tonight (some project he's been taking part in for years). Now, I honestly do miss him any time he's gone, but I'm wishing he was here even more than usual because I'd really love a frozen margarita...and no way can I make them anywhere near as good as he can. (Even though he just uses the frozen concentrate. Which tells you how bad I am if I can't even handle that, huh?)

*I really, really want to homeschool the boys. But I'm too afraid to take the plunge. *sigh* It's all just eating away at me these days.

Yeah, yeah...enough complaining for one night...

5 comments:

  1. Oh Debs..sounds like you need some hugs...and a margarita wouldn't be bad either ;) Hope you had one! Who's playing tennis?? I used to love tennis lessons! I hate the heat too :( We've had heat indexes in the 100's lately and it just sucks all of the energy out of me :( And I'm so sorry to hear about poor Max's stomach :( Complain all you want Debi...sometimes you need to! Hope you get to sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. chris is so right.. sometimes you need to let it out.

    poor max I don't have what he has but I sure know doubling over!the difference is when you are old and double over ya ain't gunna keep playing soccer! lol

    I'm with chris again ..and you... but it's not so much the heat I hate as the humidity. often I go around slightly naucious from it.. it would be so nice to be able to afford to keep the air in the apt. down to ..ohhhhh ... maybe 76? (82 doesn't cut it trust me even with fans on) You'd think a SMALL one bed room wouldn't cost much for the elect. but 76 would push the elec about 180 dollars a month. 82 degrees runs about 90 a month. sickening. Here's my complaint (among many) and it is a FACT: Vero Beach has the highest electric in the whole state! argh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. see there ..now if you guys make a complaint blog I can be head of the class! lol lol .. never mind.

    sorry you couldn't have the margarita.. I don't have the frozen mix but I'll make one on the rocks and think of you.. hope it helps! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris,
    Nah, I skipped the margarita and just had a hard lemonade instead. Me = Lazy.
    All three kids have been taking tennis lessons. Though Annie and Max started before Gray (he's only had two). They absolutely love it! But I think we're going to stop for the summer (because they're so damn expensive!) and just take them out to practice on our own. Then if they want to start up lessons again in the fall, they can.

    Pat,
    OMG...I can't believe how expensive it is to run your air conditioning!!! How does anyone afford that?!! I feel for you, my dear friend...I sure wish your ten-month summer would cut itself short!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it sucks! Florida Power and Light keeps trying to buy out Vero Utilities and they won't sell !! if you use 40 dollars of electric they then charge you 38.45 to "bring it to you".. nice huh? ok gunna shut up now since I can't do anything about it lol

    ReplyDelete