Saturday, May 8, 2010

a few of the things I miss when Rich is away

*His coffee...I swear I can't brew a pot of coffee that is anywhere near as delicious as he does...I don't know if it's the mix of beans, the fineness to which he grinds them, or just some bit of magic, but whatever it is I miss it.

*His help...around the house, with the munchkins' needs, with the myriad of other critters' needs...

*His listening ear...and I don't mean just to my stresses and problems, though there is that...but even more to listen to all those "OMG, did you hear...OMG, did you see...OMG, did you know..."" moments, those things that are just so awesome, or so upsetting, or so plain old interesting that I just have to share them with him immediately.

*His hugs...nothing in the entire world melts me into such a feeling of contentment...there are times I swear *nothing* can help the total fraying of my nerves, but being in his arms always proves me wrong...being there somehow always infuses me with the calm and the strength to move on.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this post just warmed me to the bones :) And by the way, I want a cup of Rich coffee in August :p I just love that you two share such a beautiful connection, Debi..it warms my heart so much and makes me smile :) Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    Don't you worry...you'll get as much of Rich's coffee as you can drink! Of course, I do hope we'll be having coffee out as well! :D
    And thanks...I'm one lucky woman, that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete