Saturday, May 1, 2010

books finished in april 2010

*After the First Death by Robert Cormier

*Smoke and Ashes: The Story of the Holocaust by Barbara Rogasky

*Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan

*Between XX and XY: Intersexuality and the Myth of Two Sexes by Gerald N. Callahan, Ph.D.

*The Stand: Captain Trips (graphic adaptation) by Stephen King and Roberto Aquirre-Sacasa, art by Mike Perkins and Laura Martin

*The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman

*Local by Brian Wood and Ryan Kelly

--I know numbers don't matter...nonetheless, I am hoping to double that amount in May. There's just soooooooo many good books awaiting reading! And I've already started many of them. :P

6 comments:

  1. I know the feeling of SO MANY GOOD BOOKS waiting to be read!! I'm overwhelmed sometimes by the books to be read!! You did great this month :D I can't wait to talk to you about TM! Still reading it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all that's always on your plate it amazes me that you have time to read ANYTHING except what's necessary for home schooling!! You continue to amaze me Debi.. and very glad to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,
    I am still reading (and loving!!!) TM. In fact, if MofM hadn't arrived, I probably would have finished it this weekend (or at least come close). I can't wait to talk about it, too. I wonder if Margo Lanagan has any idea at all about the difference she's made in people's lives. That book is such a gift. Such a gift.

    Pat,
    :D I'm sooooo happy to see you here!!! But oh my goodness...I'm far from amazing, believe me! The amount of things I don't get done that I should get done *far* exceeds the list of things I do get done! Chris will be able to confirm this when he arrives and sees the state of this house. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL ! Somehow I don't think the "state of the house" will be something Chris even notices! Tried to call you.. maybe you are at church or just busy.. I'll try again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to see Pat over here too :D And I'm snickering at the thought of Debi being at church....

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol! I'm so glad I wasn't the only one :P

    ReplyDelete