Tuesday, May 25, 2010

self-medication

Not feeling so hot this morning. Nothing major, honest. Just a bit under the weather. I figure a "happy list" might be just be in order.

*The Flyers are playing for the Stanley Cup!!! Un-freakin-believable!!! They only even made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth during the last game of the season...and now they've made it all the way to Stanley Cup finals!!!

*We're set to have another gorgeous day.

*I'm reading Enchanted Night. And I am positively enchanted.

*I've started exercising. Nothing fancy. Just 30 minutes on the Gazelle each morning before everyone gets up. But the really cool thing is that it's become something I look forward to! I pop in a Criminal Minds DVD, and sometimes I find it hard to make myself stop when that half hour is up.

*This is finals week for Rich. He gives a test this morning. And he has a meeting this afternoon. But in between he's coming home and taking Annie and I to lunch!

*And speaking of finals, Annie had her Arabic final last night. She thinks she did well. (And truthfully, with the grades she's gotten so far in the class, she'd really have had to bombed the final to get anything but an "A" for her final grade.)

*I got two more books in the mail (ordered used). From Hell by Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell. POINT FOR ANA. The Waiting Place by Sean Kelley McKeever. Want to read them both. Right. This. Minute.

*On Sunday, Annie, Rich, and I got Annie's garden cleared of weeds and added heaps of lovely compost to it. So yes, now it looks like a box of fresh, pretty dirt. But we hope to get plants in it sometime this week. Annie's decided on mostly strawberries, a few cherry tomato plants, and an eggplant. We've decided where we want to put our new family garden, and can hopefully get started on it next weekend. (And thank you again, Chris! I haven't been this excited about gardening in a long time.)

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're under the weather, Debi :( Now you know how I felt when the Saints made it to the Superbowl :D Good job exercising! I really need to start too...I've been wanting to, I just don't know what to do! And yay for Rich almost being done! Annie too!! And I'm super excited about y'alls garden :D Can't wait for pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow.. another garden!! you will n ever know how I miss seasons! (but don't miss ice and snow) I hope you do photo's so I can watch both gardens growing!..(just don't show me nice red fresh tomatoes! I would kill for some of those! lol)

    congrats to Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll get that garden going this weekend! Friday is coming and I hope we all feel better by then!

    ReplyDelete