Friday, May 7, 2010

randomness

*It's just the boys and I for the weekend. (Rich and Annie left for Philly this morning. As I type this, they are enjoying [at least I assume they're enjoying] the Mark Knopfler show at the Tower Theater. Happy surprise--Rich's brother is out of town for the weekend, so they can stay at his mom's house instead of paying for a hotel.) Anyway, it's fun hanging out, just me and the little rascals. We went out for pizza, played way too many rounds of 20 questions, ate homemade chocolate chunk cookies, worked a little bit on tidying up the disaster area we call Gray's bedroom (we've got a loooooong way to go on that project), and we're about to curl up and watch a movie (okay, I'll probably read while they watch the movie, but it will still be nice to be hanging out).

*When Rich bought the tickets for this concert several months ago, he didn't realize it was Mother's Day weekend. And well, he's been feeling guilty about it ever since he did realize a couple weeks ago. And of course, I've taken every opportunity possible to tease him about it. ;) I'm guessing that's why he gave me a present last night just totally out of the blue. Or maybe it's just because he's a total sweetheart. Anyway, he gave me the first three volumes of DMZ by Brian Wood and Riccardo Burchielli. After I read Local, I just had to look and see what else Wood had written...and when I saw these, I immediately added them to my wish list. I cannot freakin' wait to start reading them!!! (But I am trying to show some restraint and finish some of the many books I have started first.)

*And speaking of books I have started...Margo Lanagan, you are a treasure. You have written a book of such healing and beauty...but it's been no magic pill--the healing and beauty come with a heavy price tag of tears. And I love you for every single tear.

*I hate SpongeBob. I'm sorry, but I just absolutely hate it. There, I said it...and I feel better for having got that off my chest.

*A nice huge frozen margarita sounds absolutely heavenly right now. But I guess I'll settle for a glass of ice water.

*I have the ugliest thumbs on the planet. I swear this is true. They're just so short and stubby. The rest of my fingers are fine, it's just my darn thumbs. Why I felt the need to confess this, I've no idea. (You're now probably thinking that I went for the margaritas after all, huh?)

Okay, the boys are ready to watch their movie...

2 comments:

  1. ahhh guilt is a good thing! especially if you get something from the deal LOL.. (early Happy Mothers day!)
    so ummm what movie did the boys watch? and what book were you reading? (yup I am nosey!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :p I bet I would love your thumbs :p I have this thing for little thumbs...I think they're absolutely ADORABLE!! Megan had the tiniest thumbs and I thought they were the cutest things :p Now, who do you think had the margarita, lol.

    I wish I was watching a movie with you guys or curled up reading a book on the sofa!!! And um...I hate spongebob too >>

    Yay TM!! I can so totally relate. So many heartfelt tears were shed during reading that novel. *hugs Debi*

    ReplyDelete