Monday, August 2, 2010

a case of the crankys

I have no good reason for being cranky. Oh, I have reasons--they're just not good ones. ;)

Mostly, I think it has to do with spending the last day and a half largely on the computer. And not doing the things I wanted to do, like reading blogs and returning emails. No, instead I spent the time uploading photos to Snapfish and sending off an order. It's been far too long since I've done it--as in almost exactly a year. This is unforgivable--one would think I'd have learned after our last computer crashed and I lost a year's worth of pictures. But no...laziness set in again. And I've been paying the price here the last two days. (Though this is a much better price than actually losing the pictures, of course!) Anyway, I finally got our order put together (managing to wittle it down to a mere 1,749 prints) and sent off. But now I sort of feel like turning off the computer for the next three days to recover. And I really might do that...so if I owe you an email, I apologize.

It also didn't help that I had to drive this morning. In the city. I hate driving. I hate driving in the city with a passion. But it was for a good reason. Gray started fencing camp today! And he was still excited enough about it that his anxiety was at manageable levels this morning. He was a tad shaky, but didn't ask once to stay home. While eating breakfast, I said, "I wonder how many kids will be there." He answered with, "I wonder how many of them will be bullies." :(  But he went. And he was honestly braver about it all than I ever would have guessed.

I'm also really sick of this decluttering/super-cleaning/reorganizing project I set up for myself this summer. Really sick of it. But I refuse to give up, especially since I'm nearly halfway done. And because I so love being in the rooms I have managed to finish. Besides, Chris definitely deserves better for his vacation than to have to stay in a shithole. Though I know he would never complain. (But speaking of your visit Chris--Rich, Annie, Max, and I spent our entire lunch talking about it!!! I swear, I think we're all so excited we might just implode with impatience! The closer it gets, the harder the waiting becomes!!!)

Okay, I suppose that's enough complaining for one day, huh? Especially since every single thing I'm complaining about comes with a side that is infinitely brighter than the down side.

4 comments:

  1. You know I'm going to want to see all 1,749 prints when I get there :p You have every right to be cranky! You can be cranky when you want to be! I'm just sorry that you are :( Hope you feel better soon, Debs!!

    Yay for Gray!!! Though it breaks my heart for him that he worries about bullies :( :( I hate bullies more than anything in this world. Poor guy. But good for him on making it to camp :D I'm so proud of him!!! He has to show me his moves when I get there!!!

    Oh just take a cleaning break already, Debi!!! As if your house is a shithole! Come off of it already :p I just can't wait to get there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    Those pictures include our trip to visit you last summer! I've looked at them in iPhoto about 68 times, but never got them printed. Bad me!
    And oh my gosh, Chris, you wouldn't have believed how happy Gray was when he got home from camp yesterday! :D Being an all day thing, I really worried that if anything little thing at all went wrong, he was just going to be miserable. But he absolutely LOVED it! :D He said the kids are all nice and the teachers are nice and he's tied for the best in the class. I'm just hoping they give lessons there after the camp is over...goodness knows that kiddo could use something that he not only loves, but that helps boost his self-confidence, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good gracious Debi... *sigh*.. when they are on sale get yourself a SanDisk and just copy any photo's to it.. you don't need a special program or anything! When they are on sale you can get one about 8 gigs for 20 bucks! Trust me I back up thousands of photo's on just one and never seem to fill it.. every pond photo or any photo I've ever put on my blog is on it! and each month I back up the new stuff . Each month I make a new folder (re: Jan. 2010, Feb.2010 etc) and that way I know which pics I've already saved and what needs to be saved! Easy Peasy!

    I am excited for you all getting Chris up there!!! And excited for Chris that he's getting to travel a little and see new things, and be with friends!!! You'd better develope THOSE snaps because I want to see them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs, sweetheart. I know how that feels :(. I hope it's better soon.

    ReplyDelete