Thursday, July 29, 2010

good stuff returns

*Just 17 days and approximately 6 hours until I see one of the best friends I've ever had!!! :D

*Cleaning out my closet and finding a pair of shorts I forgot I had...and finding that they still fit.

*Finishing up another room (well, except for a couple of crafty-type projects that will take a while) in my big summer decluttering/supercleaning/reorganizing extravaganza.

*Having fun with the boys at the library. (Even though the book I wanted was apparently checked out since I checked the library website two days ago.)

*Being sucked into a book (in this case, Unwind).

*Knowing that when Rich gets home from work today, we've got a three day weekend together (even if we are going to spend the bulk of it working around the house).

*Our garden seems to be thriving and soon we'll be eating loads of tomatoes and cucumbers along with our green peppers and jalapenos and kohlrabi.

*Finding a particular little craft book that I thought I'd lost forever (this cleaning thing has its rewards).

I would so love to hear your good stuff!!! Care to share?

5 comments:

  1. Realizing that the children's librarian knows my daughter by name, we go to the library so much!

    Eating fresh garden veggies every day.

    Seeing a plant revive that I thought I'd killed.

    PS: I've heard so many good things about Unwind, even though it sounds kinda creepy. Are you enjoying it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeane,
    Thank you! I loved reading your good stuff--put yet more smiles on my face for the day! :D
    And yes, I am really enjoying Unwind! It's not a "perfect" book (as in there are some definite flaws, at least in my mind)...but I've totally been able to put those aside and just get lost in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am in a HUGE cleaning mode myself...almost like nesting LOL! I cleaned two full garbage bags of paper work out of my file cabinet and from a HUGE tote I've had to file in what seems like forever. Purging is good! I'm even enjoying reading a book myself!

    Oh, I wish I had started a garden. I'd love some fresh summer veggies right now.

    take care,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah yes, I too was sucked into a book! (the Guernsey literary & Potato Peel Pie Society)though most of what I read I do enjoy..those few books that just don't want to be put down are such a joy!
    Another good stuff for me is that I can finally leave the apt for more than an hour!!
    and another: watching baby Moorhens grow up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your good stuff posts always make me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete