Saturday, August 21, 2010

more photo inundation (days 4 and 5 of Happy Week)

Dining al fresco:



















War wounds after a particularly brutal game of predator crossing:



















A trip to one of our favorite local parks, Mendon Ponds:

























































































Feeding the birds:













































































A bit of local wildlife:
























































































Bookstore #2 (unfortunately, the used book store we tried to hit this day was closed by the time we got there):


























An early morning (okay, not that early) game of catch:



















































Bookstore #3 (by far the most dangerous of those we managed to hit):



















A small haul (though Chris, you forgot to include your One World Goods loot):



















Supper from our favorite local pizza joint:

10 comments:

  1. LOL seeing Chris's two book piles makes me excited for his upcoming Bad Bloggers post. :D

    That garden with the birds is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birds LITERALLY eat out of your hand? Debi, you HAVE to make me to that park! Fingers crossed that I win the lottery and we can do it before too long ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Debi I absolutely LOVE this post!!!!! My heart is aching right now though :( God I miss you all. I am just so freaking hot with my big ass gut, huh? :p Good lord...

    Oh and Amanda, i am SO looking forward to writing that bad bloggers post!!

    And Ana, YES!! They land on your hand and eat right out of your hand!! And they're so freaking cute!!!! We were joking about you screaming when they would do that ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. such great pictures Debi!!!! You were so nice to post a pic a day so I ALMOST felt as if I was there too!!!

    Chris: ahhh I guess you "learned how to feed birds out of your hand from Mom2 huh? LOL LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deslily, I totally did!! After seeing the moorhens climb up on your leg, I was brave!! Oh and Debi, I'm sorry to be hijacking your comments :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda,
    Yeah, his Bad Bloggers post is going to be a good one...and actually I'm impressed with how good he was at "not buying" books. ;) There were two good used book stores we didn't even make it to, but maybe that's a good thing. :P

    Ana,
    They do! And I think of you every time we go there. I'm convinced if you go and have these adorable little things eat out of your hand you won't be nearly as creeped out by birds anymore. :) They really are just soooooo darn sweet!!!! Oh Ana, I can't wait for the day that you and Mathie can visit...with all my heart I wish for that day!!!

    Chris,
    Okay, I'm totally going to yell at you now for that "big ass gut" comment! And I have a right to--I'd written something similar about me on the comment at your post, and then stopped myself and deleted that part. And *I* am the one who has reason to say such things about myself!
    Damn...I miss you. :(
    Uhh, and no apologies necessary! You know that though.

    Pat,
    I'm so glad you enjoyed them. :) We just knew you would. One of these days, we're going to get down there and feed your birds with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the record, I only find DEAD birds creepy, and those adorable little guys would most definitely not make me scream :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ana,
    I didn't realize that!!! And I'm with you there...dead birds give me the shudders, too! And dead rodents. When I was a little kid, my cousin chased me with a dead rat...and I have been forever scarred by the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to visit there when I make it to your house someday!!! Birds that eat out of your hand...wowsers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! i'd love to feed wild birds from my hand.

    ReplyDelete