Tuesday, July 27, 2010

if you had three wishes, what would they be?

Now, I know your first inclination is going to be to list all kinds of ways for making the world a better place, bringing happiness to others, spreading justice and equality, etc. I know this because my friends are incredibly loving, giving people. But that's not what I'm talking about here. I want to hear your "selfish" wishes!

This line of thought started as I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the bathroom floor. Yet again. And I thought, "Oh Max, I so wish you'd work on your aim!" And as I continued scrubbing, I thought, "Yeah, and what I wouldn't give for beautiful new floors throughout this house." Greedy, I know. Then, as I was turning around, I smacked my head into the side of the door and thought, "And while I'm wishing here, could I just be a little less clumsy?!!" So yeah, there you have it--my three selfish wishes.


What are yours?

7 comments:

  1. My first selfish wish would be that my whole family could be transplanted into the midwest so that I could combine the two things I love most - family and midwestern culture/climate!

    My second would be to sell a book and become established as an author.

    My third would be to be able to lose all this damn weight!

    I think I'm a little too predictable here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    I wouldn't say "predictable." I'd say that you know what you want--and that's a good thing! :D Hope all your wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh what a fun post.

    My first wish would be that my dog Jake gets better and lasts until Christmas. His arthritis is really bad and the tablets are just not working very well, so I am praying that he can keep going.

    My second wish would be that I could finish writing a book, believe in it and sell it, making me rich.

    My third wish would be that I could win an all expenses paid trip to Disney World for the family, staying in the Grand Floridian.

    If only I had genie to make my wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fun :D First of all, come on Debi...you can do better than that for your three wishes :p Surely we can have Max aim better, and it's not that far of a reach to get new bathroom tile...and well, we all bump our heads sometimes ;)

    So my wishes!! Yeah, I'm predictable too:

    1. NO MIGRAINES!!!

    2. I would love to live close to all of my blogging friends so that we could just get together and have coffee whenever we wanted and shoot the shit :)

    3. My private practice be my only job with a nice balance that allowed me to maintain a decent salary mixed with lots of time to read, garden and blog :)

    That's not much to ask, right? :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) I would like to be able rewind time and undo things - thought I'm not sure I'd be a responsible Time Lord...
    2) I would like to be able to move into different people's brains and bodies at will, so that I could be more empathetic
    3) I'd also like to have my mortgage and debts paid off :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. good lord.. i think this is where your first wish it to have more wishes lol..
    1. wish I could be in my 40's again!
    2. wish I had just enough money not to have to live so frugal.
    3. wish i could live pain free

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I have some wishes:

    1. A house that was remodeled and in need of NO REPAIRS

    2. A finished basement with a family room

    3. Never having to worry about my weight!

    take care,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete