Monday, July 19, 2010

a simple Sunday

...of laundry on the line, and a trip to the farmer's market, and working around the house.

(A humid, breeze-less day means long drying times.)























(Forgot to take pictures at the market, but here's some of what came home with us.)





















(We're replacing the shutters because they're faded and cracked and just downright ugly. After Rich took them down, a major scrubbing was in order.)



















(It's nice to have such cute little helpers.)
























...of baking dog biscuits, and baking bread, and baking raspberry crumb cake.

(And while Rich had his cute little helper outside, I had my cute little helper with me in the kitchen. In fact, the whole reason we're even baking dog treats is because my little helper wanted to.)
















(Italian Herb Bread. By far the best recipe I've made in the bread machine so far...even if the picture is lousy.)




(Again, the picture does not do this justice. This is what became of those purple raspberries from the farmer's market. Mmmmmm.)


...of lesson plans for fall, and crocheting, and a bit of fun reading.

 (Okay, not a lot of progress was made on this front. I just can't seem to get motivated. But every little bit is something...or at least, that's what I keep telling myself.)


(The start of a new bathroom rug.)















(And I even finished a book. I may just meet my summer goal this year.)

6 comments:

  1. Are you putting fairy tales and myths in your curriculum for next year? (Guessing from the presence of the Grimms). Have you seen the SurLaLune site? It has a lot of great stuff on comparative fairy and folk tales laid out very nicely, with related tales from other countries grouped together, and commentary, and everything, it might be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could put clothes outside to dry but we live on a dirt road and there's just too much traffic!! Once the boys get done washing your house have them come on over!! The raspberry cake looks oh so good...all of it does! Looks like a beautiful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing clothes on an outdoor line :D I wish I could talk this family over here into doing that :p Maybe I'll just start hanging my sheets to dry! Those raspberries look so good!!! And I love the pics of all three of the boys! AND I love the fact that y'all even make homemade dog biscuits :D So awesome!! And that bread looks to die for...mmmmm Ooooh, and I love the bathroom mat too! Love all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhh...it all sounds and looks so nice and relaxing and laid back. I feel like things are always chaotic here, so I am enjoying what looks like a nice, peaceful place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sheesh.. i wish i had a fraction of your energy!!!! the bread and rasberry cake look deeeee-vine! I wish I was coming with Chris next month to taste some of the things you make!

    I love hanging clothes out but we aren't allowed to do that here. I especially love sheets dried on the line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you are all very busy! The crumb cake looks so tasty!! I love raspberries!!! I've thought about making some homemade dog biscuits for Dexter but haven't tried. I am guessing it can't be too hard.

    I have been slacking off in the knitting department. I hurt my back in April and it hurt to knit of all things. I've started back again making some dishcloths. I hate sitting and doing nothing so it keeps my hands busy. :)

    take care,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete