Sunday, June 6, 2010

thank you...

*to Craft Hope. That helpless feeling I think many of us have over the oil spill in the Gulf...well, Craft Hope's latest project is making me feel just a tiny fraction less helpless. And I'll take that over nothing any day. (I'm hoping to get a full set crocheted and a couple sets sewn.)

*to Jan. (She takes care of the greenhouse where Rich works.) She'd grown more tomato plants than she could use so she gave a bunch to Rich. Usually we grow ours from seed, but this late winter/early spring was just so incredibly hectic and stressful that we never had time, and thus we were going to have to buy tomato plants. So yeah, she just saved us a bunch of money.

*to Chris. Actually for so many things. But for now, I will single out the way he's sparked our love and excitement over gardening. Yes, we've gardened for years, but never with this sort of enthusiasm.

*to Rich. For braving the elements with me this morning to hit the farmers market. Our drenching was well worth it--we came home with some gorgeous radishes, some of our favorite local beekeeper's honey, and a couple dozen ethical eggs (YAY--it's been so long since we've bought eggs, and we are sooooo looking forward to them!).

*to Annie. For being our ever eager babysitter. It is just so incredibly awesome to be able to head out, just Rich and me to do whatever.

3 comments:

  1. Ethical Eggs :D I love it! I'm so excited about CraftHope. I love that organization ever since you introduced me to them. I've been checking out their web page and they're great. I'd really like to make them some rags too. They're great people! And yay for tomato plants :D That's fantastic!! Glad the farmers market was a success..Gray should be happy with his honey! And Annie sure is fantastic for babysitting :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Craft Hope project looks awesome. And good for you for participating and doing something about this horrendously awful situation.

    How cool that you and Rich can go hang out whenever...that can be listed among the advantages of having a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how wonderful about craft hope!! I will see what I can do!
    I am so depressed over the fact that everyboat anywhere isn't right out there and soaking up what they can long before now!

    ReplyDelete