Saturday, June 19, 2010

a happy start to the weekend

Why am I in such a good mood today?!! Not that I'm complaining, I swear. But I a bit baffled. The boys, but especially Gray, had a rough night last night--which left me only getting a bit more than 3 hours sleep. And most of it was on the living room floor. And there is the fact that I'm really worried about a couple of friends. And then there is the fact that I've got one more hell week of school.

But this last one is probably actually a good bit of the reason for my good mood. Knowing there's just ONE MORE WEEK OF SCHOOL!!!! Yes, I've got so much to do that it makes me ill to think about...but it's JUST ONE MORE WEEK!!!! Not only will Annie and I finish up (except for writing her final quarterly report), but Friday is the boys' last day of school, too! Yes, they can drive me crazy sometimes, but oh how I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having them around for the summer!!!! :D JUST ONE MORE WEEK!!!!

I'm also happy because Rich is so in love with his Father's Day present. We got him an iPhone yesterday. Really stupid thing to do, because we really don't need that monthly charge...but for now I'm just focusing on how very happy it's made him. :D

And Gray...he's having a great weekend. Last evening, he and Rich went to the Jazz Fest, just the two of them. He had a wonderful time! Including eating himself silly--lemonade, a veggie burger, ice cream, and on the way home, they stopped and had a frozen coffee and a donut! And he got a phone call yesterday from his best friend who invited him to go camping. They'll be picking him up in an hour or so and be back sometime tomorrow. It's just so darn nice to see this kiddo having such a special time! :D

And this picture...well, it just makes me smile.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day and much to look forward to!! I love that photo too!! We're been out of school since Wednesday..so happy for the summer! Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're almost out of school :D It'll be wonderful!! And I'm thrilled that Rich is enjoying his iPhone!! Gray is such a goof :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture of Gray! The boy is made of rubber.

    ReplyDelete