Tuesday, June 8, 2010

in the kitchen today...

*laundry detergent


























Not especially appetizing. But green, and oh so economical. :P

*muesli


Mmmm...now this is appetizing. Though the picture doesn't do it justice. Wish I could make the photo "scratch and sniff"...I swear the aroma is getting me high...heavenly.

*muesli bars

















Set aside half the muesli for breakfast and snacking, and turned the rest into these. They better be good, 'cause I burnt the hell out of my thumb getting them out of the oven.

*supper


























Slop. Not so much to look at, but tasty.

4 comments:

  1. MMMMMMMMM....I can haz slop when I come visit? :p That sounds delicious! What is museli?? IT looks delicious too! Is it like a granola? I love anything with oats as long as there aren't too many huge nuts...I hate nuts :/ And you make your own detergent?? too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can haz slop! And yeah, muesli is very granola-like. The mixture I made has oats and bran and dates and cranberries and sunflower kernels and almonds. (And well, truth be told--I have no frickin' idea what the difference between granola and muesli is. :P) And yep, I make our own laundry detergent--so easy, and mind-boggling how much money it saves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well thats a first! I have to admit I never met anyone who made their own laundry detergent!! what does one use to do this?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. Not the laundry detergent, obviously! ;)

    ReplyDelete