Sunday, June 20, 2010

almost summer...a camera happy version

It's been such a beautiful weekend here so far. It's really starting to feel like summer, with just one week left of school now. And the weather has definitely been helping that summer-y feeling along.

Yesterday, much to Maxidoodle's delight, Rich blew up their little pool.



















































And we also had our first backyard picnic of the season. Grilled veggie burgers, potato salad, watermelon, and oatmeal bars. Mmmmm.




















And our veggie garden is springing to life a wee bit. (See, Chris--I told it looked pretty pathetic compared to yours.) We've got radishes, lettuce, green peppers, cucumbers, kohlrabi, jalapenos, tomatoes, garlic, green beans, and onions.












































Annie's little garden looks a little better. It got a wee bit of a headstart on the big one. She's harvested three strawberries so far. :)  And her cherry tomato plants are looking pretty good.



















































We finally convinced her to do some weeding. :P


























And here's my little herb pot. Just have basil, rosemary, and oregano growing. Decided to include this picture since the Bacon-ater was in it looking so cute. :)


























Yesterday was actually a bit too much on the hot and humid side for us here. (Yes, we're extremely spoiled when it comes to summer weather for the most part! I'm sure many would be mighty pleased with the not quite 90 degree temps we had here yesterday.) Anyway, today is much more to our liking, supposed to stay in the 70s. And to celebrate, Rich serenaded the beautiful Father's Day morning. :P


























And since I took pics of the food gardens, I thought I'd go ahead and get some pics of the latest flowers to make their appearance in the flower garden as well.









































































































































































































































So, what's on slate for the rest of our weekend? A bath for Bacon. A Father's Day hike. And supper out at a place of Rich's choosing.

Hope everyone else is having as lovely a weekend as well!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. The flowers are gorgeous. your husband cracks me up!! I like it when a guy gets into the joys of life and isn't afraid of his wife's camera!!! The weather was great here too. Unfortunately, my husband had to work tonight..poor guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Debi!!! I'm about to set out on foot to get to your house right now!! I can't get over how gorgeous everything is at your house! Those flowers are all so incredible!! And how can you EVEN SAY that your garden is pathetic???? I would KILL for a garden like that!! It's incredible Debi :D :D :D You have me so excited :D It's huge! I can't wait to see everything as it grows!!

    As for the family pictures, I had the biggest smile in the world on my face when I saw the picture of Max jumping into the pool! And then I just completely lost it when I saw Rich singing and serenading the great outdoors :p And Miss Annie tending her garden is just adorable :) And so is Baker :D Now we just need some pictures of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great pictures and such a beautiful family!

    I hope you all have a wonderful visit with Chris - I have been following the excited anticipation of the trip on your blog and in the comments and am looking forward to hearing about the wonderful adventures you all have together! Good friends are a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun pictures. It certainly makes summer look heavenly. We unfortunately have had too many 90+ humid days already this summer and I'm already starting to long for autumn and we are not even in July yet. I keep praying we'll have a weird break in the weather in July like we did last year that will drive the temps back down to spring like conditions. It is probably too much to ask for.

    Before long I have no doubt your herbs and veggies will be out of control with growth. Look forward to more pics then.

    Glad you all had a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are so beautiful! I don't have many in my yard yet, but do want to plant coneflowers next year, they're so cool looking (and attract butterlies, right?). It's so hot here now, over ninety.

    ReplyDelete