Saturday, April 24, 2010

not the post i'd originally started

I admit it...I'm as depressed lately as I've been in a very long time. The post I started was a list of things I do when I'm sad. And as I sat typing my list, out came "make lists of things that make me smile." And while there's nothing wrong with the list I started with, that entry gave me the incentive to go in this direction instead. Maybe tomorrow I'll confess to the ways I wallow in sadness. :/

But today, here is a list of things that made me smile recently:

*giggling with Annie (She doesn't giggle as much as she used to, so it's even more of a treat when she does.)

*having wonderful friends to whom I can vent

*Seth Aaron won Project Runway (I can't believe the person we *really* wanted to win actually won! That never happens! Goes to show that nice guys can finish first. :D)

*the Mary Oliver poem Ana shared this morning (I just love it when things fill me with such joy that tears find their way to my cheeks.)

*this silly Axis of Awesome video (What can I say, I just can't help it...I smile every single time I watch it.)

*this cake (It may well be the cutest, happiest cake I've ever seen! Wonder if they really ate it...)

2 comments: