Friday, April 23, 2010

i'd so like to read...

Books I'd love to read for Ana's 1930s mini-challenge.

*Fattypuffs and Thinifers by Andre Maurois

*The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

*Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

*Strong Poison by Dorothy Sayers

*The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett

*Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

*Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. Eliot

*Scoop by Evelyn Waugh

*Burmese Days by George Orwell

*Swastika Night by Katharine Burdekin

*The Mortal Storm by Phyllis Bottome

*Daring to Look: Dorothea Lange's Photographs and Reports from the Field by Anne Whiston Spira

*Unsolved London Murderes: The 1920s and 1930s by Jonathan Oates

3 comments:

  1. I thoroughly approve of that list. Also: oh hai :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ana,

    :D I really do wish I had time to read every one of those during your challenge! But of course, I know myself way better than to even think that possible. But hey, one of the good things about making these book lists is the fact that they'll always be there, right?

    And Ana, thanks so much for stopping by here. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D :D Now I have more ideas of books to read for this challenge!!! I seriously had NO idea what to read. Everything I wanted to read that I had ended up being from the 20's or 40's :( Anything with "Fattypuffs" in the title sounds like something I should read :p and I TOTALLY need to read T.S. Elliot!

    ReplyDelete